Saturday 7 October 2023

The Tragic Tale of Grimcrack Thin-Needle

Diary entries: (All written in the Gnomish script.)

Inside front cover: Diary of Grimcrack of the Thin-needles of Mount Snaufang.

Day 2: Since learning of my beloved father; Baron Gewgore Thin-needle’s original and vehement objections to the council's agreement to build this prison, I've resolved that it's my duty as a knight and his son to undo this vile preservation of evil.

Day 4: An ageless creature such as that can not be safely imprisoned forever. This demon should not be preserved but executed at the first opportunity.

Day 18: I've discovered the hidden location of the banished tower. I have doubled my commitment to destroy the shameful work of my people and dispatch the hell-spawn creature held captive there. 

Day 21: Finally, with the knowledge I have garnered, I have embarked on my mission. I hope my Father will understand why I have borrowed his magical Lance and forgive me. I fear I shall need its legendary tip before I am done with this quest.

Day 36: With the aid of my God Gaerdal Ironhand, I’ve found a path through the dimensions and am closer now than I’ve ever been to completing my quest.

Day 47: I’ve been practicing the magical harp and hopefully, I’ve grown skilful enough to overcome the first and most powerful barrier. My otherworldly nature should take care of the rest.

Day 63: The desert trek has proven more hazardous than I had expected but the powers blessed to me by my God have enabled my stout War-boar and myself to endure the constant heat and quench our continuous thirst.

Day 65: Perhaps just a day or two from our objective and I’ve discovered a sheltering Rocky outcrop. Pepper and I will make camp here and replenish our water supplies before our last charge toward the tower.

Drawings: 





There is also the torn scraps of a short musical arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canny Scott found in the South of England!

Morning Boys,  With Assif fully returned and Scott temporarily back in the bosom of his Mother country, we still have an opportunity for a...