Saturday 18 July 2020

Straight as an Arowe

"I love that play, it is so uplifting!" Arowe enthusiastically said to Jen, his long suffering companion.  "I can just imagine myself out in the Badlands fighting disgusting Orcs and camping down with my buddies for the evening while we regale tales of our swash-buckling adventures"

"Really? 'Dancing with Death - A musical adventure with magic and faries' - I do worry about you sometimes Arowe. You just aren't cut out for that life. Do you love me at all?"

"Look, it is over; I am going, OK" said Arowe defiantly. "It doesn't matter what you or my oaf of a father say, I can do it and I will!  I've already picked out my outfit and my Uncle's gift of his ceremonial rapier swords just completes the picture! One day they will write a song and dance musical about me and my steadfast brothers in arms!"

Events moved fast and just a short week later Arowe was leaving Glendorne.  He was true to his word indeed.  But, within a day he knew it was going to be hard when, trying to meet some adventuring companions in a tavern, he was robbed of his purse of gold.  Still, he would not give up and soon enough he found some work helping to guard a delivery of mining equipment. That was the day he spotted and killed his very first Orc bandit.  It was a special skill and his companions knew it was worth keeping him around for his amazing ability with a bow.  The pink shirt could be dulled down under some armour, surely.

And so the tale of Arowe the unlikely Elf Fighter with his stunning bow began.  Soon he would be able to do more; when his friends saw him fight off two particularly nasty ruffians with a sword in either hand, they had to concede that despite his slight frame and his rather mincing walk, he was a useful chap in a pinch.  Just don't get withing pinching range!

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant!
    ‘An Elf Fighter with his stunning bow’?
    Even though you intended the double meaning, all I could imagine is was a lovely pink silk one tied in his long, flowing locks.
    It’s going to be a joy listening to you voice him.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, he still thinks of himself as the dashing star of the play, the heroic leading man, wooing the ladies. But when push comes to shove he's never had more than a companionship with a girl.
    He's looking forward to rough and tumble with the boys. Closeted from himself if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a lightly armoured elven bow AND two weapon ranger?
    You may have just sidestepped the problems I was expecting you to encounter...
    🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to wait and see which way Scott goes, mine is lining up to be a bit more grim and grit than bows and bouffant.
    Loved it Assif

    ReplyDelete
  5. Player conflict?
    Excellent!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i appear to have gone entirely in the wrong direction. It's going to be interesting to work out how we meet 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Canny Scott found in the South of England!

Morning Boys,  With Assif fully returned and Scott temporarily back in the bosom of his Mother country, we still have an opportunity for a...