At almost a hundred years old, his eyes aren’t what they were and he has to stretch out his arms to focus on the crepey, liver-spotted skin of his boney hands.
To live endlessly as a feeble and arthritic old man? To exist eternally but in constant pain? To endure day after day, week after week, month after month, without any hope of finding love again or fathering more children?
Eternal youth is a blessing, but eternal old-age?
Placing the clear, crystal goblet down on his bedside dresser, Lord Urdurel stiffly clambers out of his bed with just one resolve.
“This doesn’t have to be forever. I just have to survive long enough to protect my kingdom, my legacy and my people.”
hhhm, to live forever but what is your 'final age'. Think we all picture immortality as your body being at a healthy age, but if its not ahhh me lumbago/ arthritis or even jeez I may look 12 and be only 4'6'' but I'm 142 and I wanna ride the rollercoaster.
ReplyDeleteIs he keeping it all for himself or sharing?
Estrid provided three barrels of her magical water. Each barrel contains enough to prevent aging for two months. A total of six months extended life for one person or two months each for three people. Lord Urdurel dismissed Lords Kruger and Dunning for a reason. He’s not sharing a single drop!
DeleteApparently there used to exist an Elixir of Youth in 2nd Edition AD&D, but, rightly or wrongly, it was removed.
ReplyDeleteYou can still get the 2nd Ed books as a full text download. Amazing.
Elixir of Youth: Quaffing this rare and potent elixir will reverse aging. Taking the full
potion at once reduces the imbiber's age by 1d4 + 1 years. Taking just a sip first, instead
of drinking it down, will reduce the potency of the liquid, and drinking the lower-potency
liquid reduces age by only 1d3 years.
It’s a weird rule in D&D that your character can only live as long as the race specific maximum age they roll (at the beginning). I s as always thought this was a silly decision, especially when an Orc only gets to live to about sixty, while an Elf can get to about seven-hundred. As such, I ignored it in the Cottage of Doom campaign with the ‘Life-boon rewards’ and this current online one.
Delete