Tuesday 20 December 2022

It sounds like a nice place...

 Fortu notes; scribed by Pratchet the bard

The life, freedom,....death of Fortu the ex pit fighter.

During my journey back with Fortu I shared many evenings chatting and teaching the scared pit fighter. I was always reminded that he was not un-intelligent but rather un-taught. He would pick things up quickly and question when he needed clarification. Due to his initial limited vocabulary we would be talking at crossed purposes; he told me that he hoped that eventually he would go to a place called Vale harbour. I was intrigued as although I consider my self well travelled, I'd never heard of the place. He insisted that many a gladiator when entering battle would cry out Vale harbour beckons, he said it was a place where those who died in battle were taken to spend their eternity drinking and feasting with the gods. It took a moment for me to finally realise he meant Valhalla.

2 comments:

Canny Scott found in the South of England!

Morning Boys,  With Assif fully returned and Scott temporarily back in the bosom of his Mother country, we still have an opportunity for a...