Friday 3 July 2020

New Character Creation!

Not sure how often or how long we'll be playing but let's again forego the usual feeble levels and skip straight to third.

Same rules as before.
(D&D 3.5 core books only)

Hit Points: Maximum for 1st level. i.e. Barbarians get 12 + constitution bonus. Wizards get 4 + constitution bonus etc. After that, everyone gets 3/4 their class average rounded down per new level. i.e. Barbarians get: 9 + constitution bonus, Wizards get: 3+ constitution bonus (if any) and the annoying HP classes with a D6 get cheated with a 4+ constitution bonus etc.

Equipment: everyone comes with a full set of normal clothes and a shed load of money to spend on whatever they want (including Master-work equipment or magical items).

Attributes: Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution and Charisma all start at: 8.
Raising costs points and you all start with: 32.

9 costs 1
10 costs 2
11 costs 3
12 costs 4
13 costs 5
14 costs 6
15 costs 8
16 costs 10
17. Costs 13
18 costs 16 (Maximum)

Gold: Stating money depends partially what class you choose.

Barbarians and Bards: 2,860gp
Monks: 2,720gp
Sorcery and Wizards: 2,820gp
Clerics and Thieves: 2,900gp
Druids: 2,780gp
Paladins, Fighters and Rangers: 2,940gp

Be whatever you want. A Fighter, a Wizard and a Rogue! Three savage, blood-thirsty Barbarians! Three suicidal Halfling Experts with anger management issues!

As your characters are going to be third level, I will expect your back stories posted up before we start play.

Again though, you may even want to create back-up characters for when I laugh and kill you.

Happy character creation!

12 comments:

  1. There is always a joy to creating a new character, so many possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited, the possibilities are endless. We'll not endless, we don't have all the fancy books with weird races and odd classes. But endless in a way. Although, you all know very well in going to be a fighter of sorts. The question is just what kind of fighter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. or a very hard to killy one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll go of piste and be a druid! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been looking at Druids. Their main downside is the incompatibility problems of using their Animal form ability and using magical items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, you are taking me too seriously. I'm now thinking Sorcerer. But you know I'll end up being a grunt!

      Delete
  6. Weirdly, ‘A Kobold Bard, something brave and a Druid’ are dangerously close to the first three NPCs I’ve created for the game...
    😳

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I've deliberated quite hard about making a Paladin, but I have now decided against it. I am beginning to accept that I will make a pretty straightforward fighter. It just fits my play style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No shame in playing what you enjoy.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I have sort of prepared the bones of a rather camp Elf. He is a Fighter by class, but that is to render his abilities as more than they actually are. I think I might just write the backstory now. I don't want to get the jump on Scott who has already prepared posts, so I will write something up and post whenever you are ready for me!

    ReplyDelete

Canny Scott found in the South of England!

Morning Boys,  With Assif fully returned and Scott temporarily back in the bosom of his Mother country, we still have an opportunity for a...