Friday 15 January 2021

A Fever Dream

IT was a fever-dream; I lay

Awake, as in the broad bright day,

But faint and worn I drew my breath

Like those who wait for coming death;


Fomenting stink the rats in hay

Bit through silk to skin dank and grey

Swarming around the numbered fighter.

Would I ever see the day dawn brighter;


Burst into day from fetid burrow

To pierce them through with gods own arrow

Soon with the numbers mercy's fewer;

Did we the vermin on willow skewer.


And now in fading health the night

Draws close; that we pray it might 

But be distanced and only seem

That is was all just a curse'ed fever dream.





3 comments:

  1. I owe the first verse to Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton, but the rest (as you can tell by the drop in quality) is all mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a masterpiece worthy of the flamboyant Arowe.
    I can just picture him, elegantly tossing his hair in the moonlight all moody and melodramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Arowe is more more Clary than Byron, but he has his moments!

    I might write a lyric to the tune of "I Am What I Am" so Rifkin can sing it to inspire Arowe!

    ReplyDelete

Canny Scott found in the South of England!

Morning Boys,  With Assif fully returned and Scott temporarily back in the bosom of his Mother country, we still have an opportunity for a...